We are hosting this course lead by Edible Cities; tickets should be booked directly through them.
Productive, low maintenance, ecological, aesthetic, edible spaces
Would you like to be:
* Growing your own food but feel you don’t have space or the time?
* Eating more organic food but think it’s too expensive?
This course will give you the design skills and knowledge to transform your garden or urban space into an abundant, edible garden, that is full of food, friendly to wildlife, looks good, and needs little maintenance.
Topics/Solutions Covered on this Course
* Edible Gardens, Forest Gardens & Edible Landscapes
* Edible Mushroom Growing
* Edible Hedges
* Fruit trees/bushes – varieties
* Home Orchards & Community Orchards
* Vegetable Gardens, Container Gardens, Covered Growing
* Vertical growing
* Ponds & Greywater
* Self-watering containers/sub-irrigated planters
* Rainwater & Irrigation
* Backyard Chickens & Ducks
* Freerange and Rotational Systems
* Beneficial Insect Plantings
Soils & Fertility
* Composting Systems & Wormeries
* Natural Fertilising & Feeding
* Mulching & Weed Management
* Ecological Lawncare
Concepts Covered on this Course
* Creating & augmenting micro climates
* Permaculture principles
* Vertical growing
* Mapping & surveying
* The Soil Food Web
What you take away from the course
* Printed, full colour, 36-page A4 course handbook
* Digital A4 colour handouts on: soils, mushrooms, backyard chickens etc
* Digital presentations
* Digital resources and links
Who is this course for?
* Allotment holders
* Community Groups
* Building Managers
* Landscape & Maintenance Gardeners
* School teachers
* Schools workers
No experience is necessary
'This was a very well constructed training event from an expert in the field – thanks to Niels.'
'Really enjoyed the day and meeting some great people! Niels was top, I thought his humour relating to the subject and opinions was brill. Thanks!'